+What benefits are involved with volunteering?
- You will have the opportunity to build on existing experience and knowledge while developing new skills and contacts.
- You will meet new people and make new likeminded friends.
- Volunteering is one of the most rewarding and mutually benefical experiences you can have.
- a hot and spicy chilli themed sombrero for you to keep!
+Are there specific benefits for student volunteers?
Absolutely! The Hot 91 Ignite Chilli Festival is run by the Caloundra Chamber of Commerce, a respected business organisation on the Sunshine Coast. As such, beyond the inherantly gratifying feeling you get when giving back to your community, you will be offered:
- a certification of appreciation on behalf of the Chamber can be given on request
- a written reference from the Chamber's Executive Officer can be given on request
- the ability to make key business connections
+Will there be an induction?
We genuinely appreciate all of the support from our Hot Volunteers and want to make the process as easy as it is fun on the day. Once we receive your application we will be in contact to oragnise all of the finer details.
+What can I expect on the day?
- Your role and responsibility on the day will be clearly clarified to you on induction and there will be numerous staff members and volunteers around who can help you throughout the day.
- You will be provided with a light meal and water and have a sheltered refreshment area available if required.
- We look forward to sharing all of the saucy details with you at our induction!
+Did I hear something about a volunteer party?
Yes you did!
We want to show our hot and spicy volunteers that they are truly appreciated, so you can expect a post-event get together to show you just how grateful we are!
+What positions are available?
We will need our volunteers to fill a variety of roles on the day, however this will be broken up in four major areas over four 3 hour shifts. We will need:
- People to bump in i.e. to assist some stall holders and the event team to carry in merchandise and equipment. Don’t worry you will be assigned an experienced event support person to shadow.
- People to bump out i.e. to assist stall holders and the event team to remove merchandise and equipment.
- People to position themselves at entry/exit points to guide and assist visitors.
- Runners (not really running just a term) to communicate between event personnel where needed.